Monday, June 22, 2009

Fantasy of Flight

So anyone who's known my husband for more than 5 minutes knows that he is slightly obsessed with airplanes (some boys never grow up). So, what better way to spend Father's Day than at an Air Museum. So we went to Fantasy of Flight in Lakeland, FL and spent the day immersed in airplanes!I have to admit, despite the oppressive Florida heat and the fact that I spent 3/4 of my day in a hangar... it was pretty neat. Even Squish seemed to enjoy it. This plane was actually in the movie, "Flyboys", (which we've seen a dozen times...my husband loves it) and we got to meet one of the pilots who was actually in the movie.
Personally, I would have rather met James Franco... but that's just me. Hubby was way more excited about the real pilot and plane. lol.
Here is my husband discussing the pros and cons of this particular engine with his father. No, I have no idea what they are talking about.
This engine was apparently EXTREMELY impressive... something about 26 cylinders.
I thought this one was pretty... like a starfish. Apparently, comparing machinery to sea life is insulting in the mechanical world. Who knew they were so touchy?
And, of course, we couldn't leave until we had spent a good long time staring at the P-51 Mustang, my husbands all time favorite plane. Funny, he also likes the car.... no relation of course.
All in all, it was a great, fun and relaxing day. We arrived home hot, sweaty and exhausted and all promptly fell asleep (especially little Squish).
Here she is shredding paper in her car seat. Like 3 minutes after this photo I turned to see she had drooled on it, turning it into paper mache, and smeared it all over herself (she even ate some of it). Oh well, a little fiber never hurt anyone.

0 comments: