Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Story of Wilson

This is Wilson!Wilson is a blue hippopotamus.Wilson is also one of Squishy's bath toys!How did he come to be Wilson? I will tell you....
One day Mommy and Daddy were giving Squishy a bath....
And she was playing with her little blue hippo... munching on him and such...
When he accidentally slipped out of her hands....
...and began to float away (can you see where this is going?)...
As he floated across the tub, out of Squishy's reach, my husband cried out "WIIIIIIIILLLLSSSSSOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!"
At which point we both cracked up hysterically... which left our poor daughter staring at us in confusion ("something funny just happened... but I don't know what it was?")...
And that little blue hippo has been "Wilson" ever since!!

He makes me smile everytime I go in the bathroom. We will explain it to Squishy when she gets a little bigger! I think she'll find it funny too!

**for anyone who does not get the reference... go rent "Castaway" ASAP**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know this is completely random and about 5 years late but do you still have Wilson? Do you remember where you got him?

We had a little blue hippo named Blueferd and he has gone... on an adventure. I've been searching for days on the internet to find a replacement and your hippo is actually the only picture of one I have ever found haha

Blueferd has been with us through some very tough times and we would love to find another...

Sorry this is so random but if you have any information I would REALLY appreciate it!
-Hank

Unknown said...

A friend of ours found Blueferd! Guess I just wanted to let you know good things still happen in this world and that I'm a real (but random) person haha

Take care!
-Hank